This webinar examines consumer adoption and interest in cloud gaming today and potential for future growth. Industry experts identify and discuss the specific factors hindering the viability of cloud gaming and its potential mainstream success at the ecosystem, network, and experience levels. Examples of relevant improvements in other applicable deployments are also examined.
Cloud gaming, or game streaming, is an exciting proposition – democratization of the gaming experience without the cost hurdle of a high-end game console. Consumer adoption of cloud gaming is rising but still nascent. For mainstream adoption to take place, specific areas of potential improvement within the cloud gaming ecosystem still need to be addressed in order for cloud gaming to rise to its full potential.
- State of Cloud Gaming Today
- The Growing Potential Market
- How Today’s Cloud Gaming Can Be Improved for Both Consumers and Stakeholders
- Case Studies and Preparing for Future Success
- 60% of internet households now have a smart TV.
- Streaming media players are in 42% of internet households, a rise from 33% in 2017.
- Game console adoption has trended downward, from 47% in 2017 to 35% in 2022.
- 78% of interested US broadband households would subscribe to a cloud gaming service at $9.99/month.
- Nearly 50% of consumers game on multiple platforms.
- Dr. Dhananjay Lal, Senior Director, Advanced R&D, Adeia
- Asher Kagan, Founder, Componetix
- Karthik Hariharakrishnan, Founder and CTO, GameBench
- Elizabeth Parks, President and CMO, Parks Associates